Saturday, August 16, 2014

Maya DeLeina's Sultry Saturday: Male Model John Quinlan #Sexy #Model #Tattoo

Sultry Saturdays

Meeting  John Quinlan

 

The Vamp, Maya DeLeina, presents Male Model, John Quinlan on Sultry Saturdays. 

Maya shares her sit down with John, crowned the most tattooed male romance cover model in the world, that has a little comedic moments as well as a hell of a lot of sexy sharing from John.

Don't forget to enter the Kindle giveaway at the end. Today is the last day to enter!

 



John asked to meet on a boat. 

Great. Should I tell him I am seasick? No, I thought. That would ruin this entire image I had going in my mind of how I would arrive- the late afternoon sun glow,  having my hair free-flowing, carefree, easy, and my dress blowing in the wind.  I didn't want to paint the picture of me blowing chunks or anything. Besides, the boat would be stationary. How bad would it be?

I arrived at the dock, and sure enough, I've got the hair blowing, dress flowing thing going on and the sun drenched my skin in this copper glow going on. The sun's healthy color wash was a great benefit too, seeing that the friggen boat was rocking. Hopefully it could mask any green on my face if the rocking proved bad enough on my stomach.

"C'mon up," John calls out to me. 

"Oh, sweet Moses, help me through this," I say to myself. I climb on board to find that he's dressed all in white, his shirt unbuttoned. He asks me to take a seat. 
And to my dismay, this is where I transform into Bobby Bouchet. 

"I-I-I....hello. Nice to meet you. Here's banana bread. My-my momma. my momma, my momma said not to go anywhere empty handed."

I made banana bread? WTF? And did I say "momma" three times? Why on earth do I always sound like the Waterboy when I get nervous around a good-looking man?

 

"Thank you. That was very sweet of you." John says smoothly as he smiles and puts the plate down on the table. "So, what did you want to ask me for the Mile High Muses blog?"

I pull out my notes. 
Oh no. I looked down. 
I'm feeling a bit dizzy but I work my way through the questions.

      I-I know what your fans must feel when looking at your photos, (I chuckle like a schoolgirl), but what lasting emotion do you want to leave your fans from your image? 

     I want them to remember John Quinlan as the guy who broke the body art barrier in the world of
romance. I am currently the most tattooed male romance cover model in the world with 27 individual
tattoos which include 2 sleeves and it is a title I am honored to have. Up until this point for the most part
male romance cover models never had any tattoos. I am sure another cover model will come along
eventually with more tattoos than I have and take the title but to be remembered as being the very first one
is special to me. Everyone remembers the first of everything, the first American Idol or the 1st Ms.
Olympia. I want the fans to remember my message of never judging a book by its cover when it comes to
people. There are still ignorant people in our society who see those of us with body art and assume we are
bad people because of it before they even have a chance to get to know us.


He takes his shirt off to show those tattoos. I drop my notepad.


The dizziness is increasing, but somehow, I can't tell if it's from the boat or being mesmerized by that body. I pick up my notepad and press on with the questions.

      What do you think about when posing for the camera? 

     It really depends upon the nature and theme of the shoot. To be successful as a model one has to have a good connection with the photographer on that given day. Without that symbiotic relationship it will be much more difficult to make the most out of the shoot and get the shots that are needed. I become one with the photographer I am shooting with and go into character for the theme I am trying to work on. No matter what the project whether it be for book covers, calendars or promos I am no longer John Quinlan for that shoot. I become the character I am trying to portray in order to bring that character to life. To make him believable to the viewers and readers. For example if I have to assume the bad guy persona I might view the photographer as an enemy to bring out my raw emotions. Obviously, I tell the photographer beforehand I am just acting and not to freak out that I am really going to kill him or her, ha ha ha! I have still received looks of fear and confusion from photographers when I have engaged in this type of behavior regardless which I find quite funny. I’m really a nice guy when you get to me 







     Hmm. Nice guy huh? What could a woman look forward to on a date with John Quinlan?  

      She would feel like the most important woman in the world. Treated with the respect she deserves like
that of a queen. It would be a good time with great food and drinks and see where the night goes from
there. One thing I will say is it would be memorable.   




So, it happens. Images run through my mind as he speaks. I am  human. What can I say? Thoughts like these
happen! Guys can have them, why not women? LOL. 

Then my mind goes off on a tangent. Hmmm....I wonder if he takes dates on boat rides? I wonder how
women handle that? Am I the only one that can get seasick from being on a docked boat? 

I look at him. He is looking back at me curiously.



Oh, sorry. Next question.  What makes a woman sexy in your eyes? 

Self-confidence. When a woman knows what she wants and is goal oriented that is a huge turn on for
me. I am a sucker for tattoos and body jewelry also.


"Too bad motion sickness wasn't on that list!" I say as I snort and laugh awkwardly. Something like this:

     
He laughs and gives me that "I kinda dig you look."

I press on. But by this time, the dizziness is really doing a number on me. I look at the banana bread. Nope,
gotta look away. Food makes it even worse. Strangely enough, my eyes go to his tattoos. I deliberate on the
art, finding myself drawn to the one around his navel. What do you know, that tattoo is somehow grounding
me. Huh. Who would've thought his tattoo would incite my sea legs...among other things!  




     Well, you seem like a down-to-earth and fun guy. May I ask if you have had moments, whether in fitness competitions or photo shoots, where something strange, funny, uplifting or plain weird happened that you’d like to share with your fans? 

One day I had to meet this female photographer for the first time and I wanted the shoot to go great.
Right before I was to meet her I used the bathroom and made sure everything was in check. I must have
had a million things going through my head at that moment. So there I am, I see her and introduce myself
to her with a big hug and she says to me, “Why is the front of your pants all wet?” I looked down and I
never noticed that I missed the toilet and just hosed down the entire front of my jeans, ha ha ha! But this
guy was quick on his feet and I replied really cool, “right before I got here I had to slam on my breaks
and my water spilled all over me.” She actually gave me sympathy because I was all soaked and now that
I look back, it was a great ice breaker and we connected right after we laughed about it. All in a day’s
work, ha ha ha! 

And then it happened....the all out snort laughter began.



Before leaving John, I worked up the nerve to ask if he knew all about a woman's erogenous zone. This is
how he responded:

     Oh yes, in and out, front to back, back to front, right side up, upside down and all 
around. Exploring a woman’s erogenous zones is my favorite thing to do. Use your
imagination,chances are I have been there and done that.

No longer did I snort laugh. I kindly asked John for Kleenex to wipe the drool.

So my day with John Quinlan ended with a walk around the boat. Imagine me, seasick penny,
walking around a boat that is now rocking because the evening wind that picked up. As I made it
down to the dock, I couldn't help but feel amazed that the tattoo helped with my sea legs. 

"Hey John, what is that tattoo there?" I ask as I point to his stomach.
He looks down, then looks back at me with a sinful grin. "Tribal Sun wrapped in barbed wired."
I smile, turn around and head down the dock. 
I laugh as a thought comes to mind:


I trip over my own foot when this image comes to mind.



About John Quinlan


John Quinlan (born John Joseph Quinlan October 30, 1974) in Winchester, Massachusetts, is a former American bodybuilder and professional wrestler who now works as a fitness model, fashion model, art model, and romance cover model. He is also a male underwear model.

Quinlan has appeared in a variety of publications, including World Physique and Planet Muscle Magazine.Quinlan has appeared in gym video shoots and his image has been used online in many features and interviews.



In 2011 he was signed as an official brand ambassador model for the Swiss men's underwear label Diego Barberi Underwear, and in 2012 he was an official image model and brand ambassador for the supplement company Nutrabolics.Quinlan has been referred to as the most tattooed male romance cover model in the world.


He is a former Team Athletic Xtreme official sponsored athlete.



In May 2013, John appeared as a newly featured Cover Model at the Romantic Times (RT) Convention in Kansas City, MO. John has since been featured on many book covers since his introduction to the world of Romance Novel Cover Modeling.

John has been invited by the RT Convention's founder, Kathryn Falk, to appear at the 2014 RT Convention in New Orleans, LA in May 2014, where he will make an appearance as an official RT Convention Cover Model.

He is an official Phatpuppy cover model for designer Claudia McKinney.

In December 2013, John donated several signed photographs to use in baskets for a raffle to benefit the St Croix Area Holiday Hope Program. All proceeds from the raffle baskets went to the program to purchase holiday gifts for local children in need in the St Croix Valley area.

Bio courtesy Wikipedia


Website



About Maya DeLeina 

      Maya DeLeina is a multi-published Erotic Vampire Romance Author  with Siren,  Evernight and Ellora's Cave Publishing.

 Her current series includes Ambrose Heights Vampires, My Naughty Vampire and Vampire Architects.

Born and raised on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, Maya could be seen at her favorite beach, Lanikai, performing with an all-girl band where she played keyboards, guitar and provided vocals, working as editor in her high school's yearbook  and volunteering her time at a humane society through UH of Manoa civic groups.

In 2006, Maya relocated to Colorado. Her crystal blue oceans, waterfalls and eighty degree year-round weather were traded for four season weather, enchanting forests and majestic mountains which led to her rekindled love for vampires.

In winter of 2010, she began penning her first manuscript and by 2011, Flesh Fantasy was under contract and released by Siren Publishing. To date, Maya has published four novels- Flesh Fantasy, Veil of Seduction, Blood of Luna and Dark Companion, with another novel and a novella anticipated for release in September and December of  2014.

In 2014, she banded with other Colorado romance authors to form the group, Mile High Muses, in which Maya serves as "The Vamp". Catch her Forbidden Fruit Friday blog and guests she hosts on Sultry Saturdays

Not only does Maya have theatrical book trailers that bring her vampires to life, all of her vampires were featured in Singer/Songwriter Jill Cohn's music video "Blessing Moon".



Don't forget
This is the final day to enter the Kindle giveaway from 
The Mile High Muses

https://www.facebook.com/MileHighMuses/app_228910107186452

No comments:

Post a Comment